BC-AP Sports Preview Digest | FOX Sports Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT:
– LONDON – In the biggest heavyweight fight in more than a decade, Anthony Joshua defends his titles against 41-year-old Wladimir Klitchsko at Wembley Stadium. Bout starts after 5 p.m.
– PHILADELPHIA – The NFL draft concludes on Day 3 with plenty of talent around. Still available are Michigan tight end Jake Butt and Tennessee quarterback Josh Dobbs. Draft starts noon.
– LOS ANGELES – It’s a winner-take-all showdown Sunday for the Clippers and Jazz. Chris Paul & Co. return to Los Angeles for Game 7 after a gutsy performance in Utah.
– BOSTON – The Boston Celtics open the Eastern Conference semifinals Sunday against the Washington Wizards after a season in which their games had a confrontational edge.
– Two second-round games in the Stanley Cup playoffs: N.Y. Rangers (down 1-0) at Ottawa, 3 p.m.; Pittsburgh (up 1-0) at Washington, 8 p.m.
– The Colorado Avalanche have the best chance (18 percent) of winning the NHL draft lottery, which includes the expansion Vegas Golden Knights. Lottery starts 8 p.m.
– RIO DE JANEIRO – The success of Brazil’s soccer team is tempered by a sprawling corruption scandal. Court documents detail staggering kickbacks linked to Rio’s World Cup and Olympics.
– GENEVA – An Asian Olympic leader denies claims in a U.S. federal court that he bribed FIFA voters. Sheik Ahmad of Kuwait has long been a power broker in Olympic and soccer elections.
– RICHMOND, Va. – For 14 years, Dale Earnhardt Jr. has had NASCAR’s largest fan base. Now that he’s retiring after the season, fans must look for a new favorite … if they look at all.
– AVONDALE, Ariz. – Helio Castroneves and Will Power start in an all-Team Penske front row in the IndyCar race at Phoenix International Raceway. Race starts 9:30 p.m.
– STUTTGART, Germany – Maria Sharapova resumes her return from a 15-month doping suspension, facing Kristina Mladenovic in the Porsche Grand Prix semifinals.
– BARCELONA, Spain – Andy Murray loses to Dominic Thiem in semifinals of the Barcelona Open. Defending champion Rafael Nadal plays Horacio Zeballaos in other semi.
– Trainer Bob Baffert will not have a horse in the May 6 Kentucky Derby, a decision that underlines what an unpredictable winter it’s been leading to the start of the Triple Crown.
– DENVER – Before she leaves skiing, Lindsey Vonn wants to break Ingemar Stenmark’s World Cup wins record, capture next year’s Olympic downhill and ski against men in a World Cup race.
– AVONDALE, La. – The team of Jonas Blixt and Cameron Smith leads by a shot going into the third round of the PGA Tour’s Zurich Calssic.
– IRVING, Texas – Haru Nomura is in front by a stroke entering the third round of the LPGA Tour’s North Texas Shootout. With storms forecast, tee times are moved up.
Some of the sports stories The Associated Press is covering Saturday. A full Sports Digest will be sent by about 3 p.m. All times EDT: